Creating a Quartus Project is quite straightforward. All you do is name your project and tell the software which Altera platform you are using. Below are the self explanatory screenshots.
1. Nothing to do here. Click on Next.
2. Select the project directory and name.
Note: Save the project in a folder close to the root directory, sometimes this does become an issue in the later parts of designing.
3. Click Next. Nothing to add here if you are creating a project from scratch.
4. Choose the device you are using here.
5. Click Finish. Now you can start designing your system!
NEXT STEP: Qsys Design
Check the next blog post for guide on Qsys design.